PDA

View Full Version : Should the WPD be involved in high speed chases 'presuit'?

Boaz
10-06-2004, 10:11 PM
they 're running this poll in the local news

so far , 'bout 60% yes %40 no

whats your opinion? and why not or it's ok....

read my sig.

HiOnPSI
10-06-2004, 10:12 PM
presuit? what the hell is that? is that what you put on under a tux?

blksgrl
10-06-2004, 10:16 PM
presuit? what the hell is that? is that what you put on under a tux?

lol....that comment really was good for a laugh!!! :haha:

rollinlarge2700
10-06-2004, 10:42 PM
****ing bull**** website. everytime i enter a response the webpage cannot be found etc.

yes they should.
if they dont then ppl will simply run. and then ppl will throw a fit cause we arent catching the criminals

Boaz
10-06-2004, 10:54 PM
****ing bull**** website. everytime i enter a response the webpage cannot be found etc.

yes they should.
if they dont then ppl will simply run. and then ppl will throw a fit cause we arent catching the criminals

1st thanks for not making fun of my spellin' and sticking to the point

2nd i still haven't really formed an opinion, but i kinda agree with ya'

ictangel
10-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Depends on the reason the person is running lol.. cause if you think about it if the person stole a pack of gum and they are chasing him screw that but if its like something more serious ya they should more or less its an open opinion on why they are chasing them in the first place

rollinlarge2700
10-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Depends on the reason the person is running lol.. cause if you think about it if the person stole a pack of gum and they are chasing him screw that but if its like something more serious ya they should more or less its an open opinion on why they are chasing them in the first place

if they steal the gum and get away. they will only move up to bigger things

ictangel
10-07-2004, 01:32 AM
if they steal the gum and get away. they will only move up to bigger things

good point

QwikEVO
10-07-2004, 05:09 AM
Chase the facters.

ALLEN
10-07-2004, 07:06 AM
hmm... if we say no... we can run away more.. :naughty:

animuL
10-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Sometimes it just isnt worth the risk of mowing down an innocent person to catch an eluder. If you stop they will eventually slow down.

and sometimes it is worth mowing down an innocent person?

Topless
10-07-2004, 09:15 AM
I chose it depends. Sorry, but it does. If all they are chasing is a traffic violation, no. High speed chases are too dangerous for a speeding ticket. However, if they are in pusuit of a vehicle that has a known felon or has been used in a violent crime. Gettem.
The other side of this is the new helicopter they have. They really shouldn't need to chase anyone for very long. That chopper is capable of getting across town in 3-5 minutes, and does 200 mph.
So, if the chopper can get there in such a short period of time, then high speed chases really aren't necessary.

T/A 6.6
10-07-2004, 09:21 AM
:stupid:
I'm gonna have to agree with Topless on this one. Some things just aren't worth chasing people for, it just makes the situation that much more dangerous. And between radios and the helicopter and such, if they really wanted to catch someone, it shouldn't prove to be too difficult.

dmartin
10-07-2004, 10:07 AM
I agree with topless too.

or...... they could just get rocket launchers and blow up anyone a mile into the chase.

Toonz
10-07-2004, 11:22 AM
I choose no simply because they have the chopper. Add that with the use of radio's and chases aren't necessary. Too much to risk.

Bandit Rider
10-07-2004, 11:43 AM
I will NEVER understand the mentality some of you have that says in a sense, "let the criminals get away" and that IS what you are saying. Why is there a chase in the first place???? Some people have so little respect for the law, it is THEM who put lives in danger Not the police. Some of you are so backwards you BLAME the police and not the criminals.

Topless
10-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Not really. Do you remember a couple of years ago the cops were chasing a shop lifter from Town East and she ran a light at Woodlawn and killed the old couple from out of town? City paid a lot of money to the family because of that wreck. The stupid part was, they knew who she was anyway.
There is a limit to car chases. It really depends. Short chases for basically anything are not going to do much, if they can get the chopper there by then, that means the cars can back off.

ALLEN
10-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Not really. Do you remember a couple of years ago the cops were chasing a shop lifter from Town East and she ran a light at Woodlawn and killed the old couple from out of town? City paid a lot of money to the family because of that wreck. The stupid part was, they knew who she was anyway.

i dont remember that one.... but things like that can be avoided i mean if they know who it is they can go get them later but other than that... the chases go 50/50 half can be avoided and half can't

Boaz
10-07-2004, 08:22 PM
someone is only gonna drive outta control so far if he doesn't seee a buncha' cops behind him,, all the PD need is a discription and the radio can do the rest, you can't outrun a radio. no need to cause some maniac to drive outta control unless his on a murdering rampage or somethin' like that

ALLEN
10-07-2004, 08:48 PM
they'd rather chase then get drunk drivers and others :up:

Screamin
10-07-2004, 11:38 PM
I was going to my parents house this last wed night, I was on Pawnee about 200 ft from rock heading east. The light was green for me. I was just sending a TXT message and I looked up and seen this vehicle speeding like a bat out of hell with 5 cop cars right behind him. They were on Rock heading south. Before I knew it the fvcker ran the stop light, hit another car (just pretty much clipped it), the stupid fvcker runnin from the cops lost control hit the southwest curb, got airborn and ran into a telephone poll halfway up the poll!!! He broke it in half and his vehicle landed on it's drivers side!!! It was some crazy sh!t, never seen anything like it in my life. The only person hurt was the stupid fvcker running from the cops, hell he could have been dead cuz they were in no hurry to get him out of the vehicle.

I vote it depends...

mtcookson
10-08-2004, 09:48 AM
I chose it depends. Sorry, but it does. If all they are chasing is a traffic violation, no. High speed chases are too dangerous for a speeding ticket. However, if they are in pusuit of a vehicle that has a known felon or has been used in a violent crime. Gettem.
The other side of this is the new helicopter they have. They really shouldn't need to chase anyone for very long. That chopper is capable of getting across town in 3-5 minutes, and does 200 mph.
So, if the chopper can get there in such a short period of time, then high speed chases really aren't necessary.

that is exactly what i was going to say. :up:

Some people have so little respect for the law, it is THEM who put lives in danger Not the police. Some of you are so backwards you BLAME the police and not the criminals.

they are getting so far away from "to serve and protect" that its getting ridiculous. yes, they will deal with some of the criminals but doing absolutely STUPID **** like speeding tickets, busting up street racers in totally remote places where no one drives (yes i've been to one and saw the area... there was no one driving outside of the people who were there for the races), etc. (note: i don't quite condone street racing but the fact still remains about how a lot of people are smart about it)

traffic violations are the biggest issue i think. they deal so much with pulling people over for speeding that "to serve and protect" is starting to become "to serve tickets and protect our wallets".

for instance, that link i posted about the girl who is missing in florida, by the sounds of it the cops are not helping at all. why? who knows... but i can assure you that they are not SERVING (to SERVE and protect remember) like they are supposed to. i bet they have tons of cops down there who are patroling the roads for speeders. if they actually did their job (to serve and protect) they could be helping to SERVE the family by helping to find their daughter.

that's just my take on everything so i know a lot of you guys will feel different and that's cool. :up:

Boaz
10-08-2004, 10:03 AM
I was going to my parents house this last wed night, I was on Pawnee about 200 ft from rock heading east. The light was green for me. I was just sending a TXT message and I looked up and seen this vehicle speeding like a bat out of hell with 5 cop cars right behind him. They were on Rock heading south. Before I knew it the fvcker ran the stop light, hit another car (just pretty much clipped it), the stupid fvcker runnin from the cops lost control hit the southwest curb, got airborn and ran into a telephone poll halfway up the poll!!! He broke it in half and his vehicle landed on it's drivers side!!! It was some crazy sh!t, never seen anything like it in my life. The only person hurt was the stupid fvcker running from the cops, hell he could have been dead cuz they were in no hurry to get him out of the vehicle.

I vote it depends...

what the hell are you texting while driving , they should chase you.. kiddin

anyways that guys deid on the spot there, and thats why i started this poll a little after i heard that on the news..

it coulda' been anyone of us crossing that road

Bandit Rider
10-08-2004, 12:25 PM
that is exactly what i was going to say. :up:

they are getting so far away from "to serve and protect" that its getting ridiculous. yes, they will deal with some of the criminals but doing absolutely STUPID **** like speeding tickets, busting up street racers in totally remote places where no one drives (yes i've been to one and saw the area... there was no one driving outside of the people who were there for the races), etc. (note: i don't quite condone street racing but the fact still remains about how a lot of people are smart about it)

traffic violations are the biggest issue i think. they deal so much with pulling people over for speeding that "to serve and protect" is starting to become "to serve tickets and protect our wallets".

for instance, that link i posted about the girl who is missing in florida, by the sounds of it the cops are not helping at all. why? who knows... but i can assure you that they are not SERVING (to SERVE and protect remember) like they are supposed to. i bet they have tons of cops down there who are patroling the roads for speeders. if they actually did their job (to serve and protect) they could be helping to SERVE the family by helping to find their daughter.

that's just my take on everything so i know a lot of you guys will feel different and that's cool. :up:
I dont know WTH that has to do with people who dont respect the law, and BLAME the police and not the criminals??? :dunno:

Boaz
10-11-2004, 02:44 PM
http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20041011/02/c/b/7/cb7a0df091f7645d0574c32ce4b7c7670_full.jpg

they'll chase you down for this too

Psi_guy
10-12-2004, 06:16 PM
:haha: .wow......... anyways i voted no becuase when was the last time you saw police actually fighting crime.... i can look back with in the past 2 weeks ive only seen about 300 police pulling people over and giving tickets. Plus wichita doesnt have the Road space to have a chase. If you had more than 2 cops following someone anywhere chances are there will be a wreck.

JohnyFive3
10-12-2004, 09:44 PM
why cause with a car don't they have that helicopter for a reasoN?????

mtcookson
10-12-2004, 10:05 PM
I dont know WTH that has to do with people who dont respect the law, and BLAME the police and not the criminals??? :dunno:

i'd blame the criminals for the stupid **** they do but i'd also blame the cops for letting the criminals do the stupid **** they do because the cops are just pulling innocent people over for stupid speeding tickets. if they are driving reasonably, do pull them over. it causes more harm than anything.

hell, one time i was heading west towards wichita and got to the eastern part of andover and there was someone pulled over on the right. (there were some other pulled over before this so i was thinking "wtf is going on?!?"). well, i get ready to move to the left to give the cop some room and there is another person pulled over on the LEFT side of the road. talk about setting up a dangerous situation. there was tons of traffic and people were trying to figure out what the hell to do. i can't believe there wasn't a wreck because of it.

Boaz
10-13-2004, 10:13 PM

I vote it depends...

well, guess what,, the innocent lady that got hit there, just died a little bit ago,

Boaz
10-14-2004, 10:06 PM
well, so far , over %50 say no..

and on TV their saying them cops might be in trouble now for chasing that guy and him causing that wreck that killed the lady yesterday.

QwikEVO
10-15-2004, 01:38 AM
...waiting for Andre to get in on this thread.