PDA

View Full Version : pretty vs fast

96grimreaper
12-02-2003, 09:25 PM
ok, I'm sitting around thinking its time for some change, I kicked around the idea of a new car but banker shot that out of the water. Well I'm kinda tired of having my cobra R hood flat black so its time for paint, but I don't know if I want to paint the entire car another color or stick w/black. OR since I am at 106K miles, should I maybe get a new longblock? I already have PI heads from an '01 but might as well pay for some high performance heads, that way I won't have to build anything on the motor.

For paint I was thinking about silver but that wouldn't go well with my "GRMREPR" effect. But with the possibility of ground effects in the future, black tends to hide the lines instead of accenting them. Saleen :up: Maybe black with silver ghost flames :yup: I dunno. Basically I am asking for suggestions (i know opinions are like assholes, everyones got one, but let me hear ur ideas.) Keep in mind its a vert w/ a black top.

Motor wise I was considering a DSS longblock. Forged internals with Heads similar to those on the FR500 but 2 valve. And a Bullit intake.

*AND i still need a damn off road H-pipe.
*AND if anyone has a GOOD buddy they would like to hook me up with that can paint,that would be great.

Pump Master Flex
12-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Have you used that Zex kit at the track yet? What kind of improvements did you see with it?