PDA

View Full Version : The Gov't doesnt want you to...

79Cutlas
12-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Work on your own car....ever! I was at O-Reily's tonight and signed a petition, asked what it was about and I guess there is a bill out now to stop you from working on your own car.

Now, I don't think it even has a snowball chance in hell of passing for a few reasons.
1. Unemployment rates would skyrocket.
2. There'd be too many pissed off people.
3. They have no way of "Detraining" guys like us
4. Blackmarket part sales would suck.
5. Think about who this effects....all the aftermarket parts makers would go out of business if the only people working on cars are dealerships, all the custom shops would go out of business with no customers, man this list could go on for days. I would almost like to see the bill to see what it entails, there is no way they're going to put millions upon millions of people out of work to make the dealerships happy.

BTW, if anyone cares...my car's quiet again!

KS_NOVA
12-04-2003, 08:58 PM
thats f'n gay

SSlammedLT-4
12-04-2003, 09:46 PM
It'll never pass

1SlowS-10
12-04-2003, 09:50 PM
haha it's impossible

Dangan
12-05-2003, 04:27 AM
Naw it wont pass, but... It's unerving to think our government would propose an act that would take away a freedome like that. It's spooky to me at least.

Mat

Pro 5.0
12-05-2003, 09:35 AM
No way thats almost unreal...why would congress want to do something like that?

79Cutlas
12-05-2003, 03:19 PM
No way thats almost unreal...why would congress want to do something like that?

Just think of how much money the dealerships are "donating" for this...I mean if you had to take your car to the dealership and pay their prices for everything they would make a F-ing killing......

You're right, the 1st thing I said was no f-ing way it'll pass, but I'm just relaying info.

jjtyreeGT
12-05-2003, 03:34 PM
government needs to take their arm out of our corn-holes! :eek:
seriously though, do they have to control, tax, and regulate everything :dunno:
No way am I taking my car to Rusty Eck just to get the oil changed or replace an starter :beems:
no way will that crap pass

performancetrenz
12-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Here is the web site on the act:

The Motor Vehicle Owners’ Right to Repair Act - H.R. 2735

http://www.righttorepair.org

We have the petition here at Performance Trenz....COME SIGN IT!

Risse

kansastalon92
12-05-2003, 05:03 PM
tell me were to go to sign the petition, i'll bring 20 people with me. all my friends and I do are sit in matts garage night after night with someone's car in their doing something new and better to it...that would ruin my life! were do I go to sign! hell, when I took my car to chrysler to have them run diagnostic, they did'nt understand anything I said when I told them half the shit i've got done...**** that!

LuckySeven
12-05-2003, 05:28 PM
No f'n shit, you go to a dealership or even autozone and mention that your car is not stock or say supercharger and everyone gets this puzzled look on their face trying to figure out whether you're insane or something. **** the industry professionals who could never dream of modifying something newer than their '54 chevy. Dealer work is overrated, they take days to do something that a dedicated person could accomplish in hours if you know what your doing.

2theMAX
12-05-2003, 06:19 PM
This is just about the BIGGEST bunch of bull$hit I have ever heard. How in the hell do they think they can govern us like that. I can't believe some idiot would even put this kind of crap together.http://mindscraps.com/s/otn/violent/badass.gif

performancetrenz
12-05-2003, 06:29 PM
tell me were to go to sign the petition,

We have the petition here at Performance Trenz....2423 W Maple, Wichita ks
SE Corner of Maple & Meridan

baby z
12-05-2003, 06:58 PM
The reason for doing this that I can come up with is that you have a bunch of people in the government just like the EPA did in the 70s when emissions control came out which in turn killed the muscle area for all three of the major companies in Detroit. This law puts restrictions on cars to regulate the building and designing of a car. Most of the people that are doing this drive foreign cars or SUVs or luxury cars so the have on idea about the impact that this would have on the motor world. Hell most of them are so stupid that they could not find the dip stick on a car that had flashing lights on it. the just go to work thinking that they are making the world better and making it in to what they think is a perfect world "something like nirvana" when in all reality their just screwing up. Some body needs to tell the suits that they need to keep there noses out of business that they could not even comprehend.

79Cutlas
12-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the link Risse, I left my card somewhere....

After reading that its a little more clear, they dont want to take away our rights to repair our car. They want to make it cheaper and less dependant on the dealerships. I know the dealership almost refuses to tell you anything that would help you out with a problem other to "bring it in". Yeah for only $85 just to LOOK AT THE CAR, then $60-100/hr to actually fix it....but yeah, its still a good idea.

BTW, I've never given someone a puzzled look when they came to AZ with a supercharger or whatever, just make damn sure you know what you're talking about or I tend to tune you out in a few seconds.....

If you need a part, dont come in and say "I need a belt for 289." Uh...which belt, what the FUDGE is a 289, what car did it come in origionally...its not that we don't know, but we're not there to take 45 mins to get your part....make our life easier and yours will be as well. :dunno: