WichitaRacing.com Forums  

Go Back   WichitaRacing.com Forums > General Discussion > Pit Stop

Old 05-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Screamin is on a distinguished road
Take your pick https://www.google.com/#gs_rn=12&gs_...w=1366&bih=643

Even that video on that site you posted is scary to listen to.

***EDIT***

To be a little more specific, to me the cons DRASTICALLY out weigh the pros.

Here is another site with more info http://www.theblaze.com/?s=bitcoin

Last edited by Screamin; 05-26-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Screamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
Floner
Jet A

Floner is on a distinguished road
I can understand the reluctance, but as with all investments, a bit of research should be done before making an informed decision. The risks of bitcoin outweigh a centralized and heavily regulated payment option. It puts the control all in the individual. Bitcoin cannot be regulated and fully market driven, it cannot be inflated, counterfeited, or involuntarily stolen. Unfortunately there is a lot of misconception and bad reporting on bitcoin in the last few months, most of this is based on ignorance and treating bitcoin like a stock rather than a currency. People can't get around the idea that without government regulation things shouldn't exist. Responsibility should be on the individual and value should be market based, not through manipulation. You can't argue that the value of bitcoin shows this to be the case.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgo...zm1g10zm2g25zv

More and more businesses are accepting bitcoin, this is due to the pros of what bitcoin can offer both the consumer and the business owner, transactions through bitcoin take out the middleman and allow a peer to peer instant transaction that is cheaper and safer. If you think the banking fiasco that happened recently in Cyprus wont be making its way over here, I would strongly recommend investing time learning about what is going on with our monetary policy and how we are an inevitable crash course. Gold and silver are great assets and valuable currency alternatives, and I would recommend both, but remember, those are things the government can take, they cannot take your bitcoins.

and you should at least look at both biased views if you are going to argue one way or the other.
https://www.google.com/#safe=off&scl...w=1280&bih=630

My Give-A-Fuk is Broke!

Last edited by Floner; 05-26-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Floner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

About everything you said that cannot happen to bitcoin, I've read complete opposite.

Call me old fashioned I guess, I completely disagree with even the idea of bitcoin.

But, this thread had absolutely nothing to do with what's its turned into so this will be the last I say anything off original topic.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #19
Floner
Jet A

Floner is on a distinguished road
I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just offering an alternative. And please provide proof of said action.

My Give-A-Fuk is Broke!
Floner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #20
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Seller came through and gave me a refund. He admitted he should have specified what the part fit and didn't.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #21
silverbullet
105 octane

silverbullet is on a distinguished road
I've used paypal for over 10 years and have not had any major issues. Little mishaps here and there.

I've linked my debit card and credit card to my paypal account. Ive sold numerous items online through forums and ebay and have used paypal as a way to get paid and or pay for items. No problems at all.

The only mishap I had was when I sent money for a part i purchased via an online forum, but the seller found out that the part was in fact damaged. As a result, he offered me a full refund. Well, the problem that occurred was that the seller was located in Canada so we had to deal with exchange rates.

It took about 30 some days for the payment to be fully refunded to me due to the exchange rates. The seller was honest and kept in constant contact with me to ensure that the refund would go through which it eventually did.

The long wait time caused me to be anxious and think that I was getting scammed.
silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #22
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
I've used paypal for over 10 years and have not had any major issues. Little mishaps here and there.

I've linked my debit card and credit card to my paypal account. Ive sold numerous items online through forums and ebay and have used paypal as a way to get paid and or pay for items. No problems at all.

The only mishap I had was when I sent money for a part i purchased via an online forum, but the seller found out that the part was in fact damaged. As a result, he offered me a full refund. Well, the problem that occurred was that the seller was located in Canada so we had to deal with exchange rates.

It took about 30 some days for the payment to be fully refunded to me due to the exchange rates. The seller was honest and kept in constant contact with me to ensure that the refund would go through which it eventually did.

The long wait time caused me to be anxious and think that I was getting scammed.
I'm also somewhat surprised that I didn't have to wait, since the item I was purchasing was from Australia. In fact, somehow I actually got back more than I sent. It was just under $2, the 3% paypal fee, which I didn't pay when I sent the money.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #23
(183)Beast
89 octane

(183)Beast is on a distinguished road
I hate paypal. I've sold an account for $250 bucks. Sent the account information to him and he acknowledged that he had received it. He filed a claim 10 minutes later and won the claim to get his money back. I sent written copies of the agreement to paypal and they still ruled in favor of him. I'm out $250 bucks and the account. PAYPAL SUCKS.

After reading, things like this seem common. Makes me want to go back to FTF transactions only. People don't do stuff like this when there in front of you.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #24
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Damn, how in the hell did Paypal side with him? What did he say/do to get them on his side?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
(183)Beast
89 octane

(183)Beast is on a distinguished road
He told Paypal that he never received the "item". Well, Paypal wanted me to show proof of mailing receipt. It was an account that was emailed to him so I had no receipt other than our written agreement which they wouldn't except.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #26
one2dmax
Big Block
117 octane

one2dmax is an unknown quantity at this point
I've dealt with paypal for many years (well before they partnered with ebay). Probably do $50-$100K a year worth of transactions on there. Very few issues. Not saying there haven't been any but almost all have been resolved in the manner I expected. Some take more time then others to resolve. Usually when I get screwed it's due to the buyer and NOT paypals fault. Keep your documentation and you're usually going to come out ok.

Partial List of cars not inc bikes - see website

63 Biscayne 85 Corvette
65, 67, 69 GTO's 85 Fiero
66 Corvette 85 Suburban
67 Impala SS 427 90 GMC
67 Cutlass Cnvt 90 GMC 3+3 Dually
67 Cutlass Htp 92 Camaro RS
68 Camaro 92 Mustang LX 5.0
68 Chevelle 95 Camaro Z28 Cnvt
69 Bonneville Cnvt 95 Saturn SC2
70 Chevelle 96 Suburban 4x4
96 Impala SS
one2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #27
Topless
Diehard Racer
I need a life.

Topless is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (183)Beast View Post
He told Paypal that he never received the "item". Well, Paypal wanted me to show proof of mailing receipt. It was an account that was emailed to him so I had no receipt other than our written agreement which they wouldn't except.
The lesson is that you document everything. The guy was a crook, you got scammed. If you had the paperwork showing you shipped and he had received the item, Paypal would have told him to go away. It's not Paypals fault, it was his word against yours and you didn't protect yourself.

There is no situation in life where paperwork isn't important, I've been in a couple of lawsuits and if I hadn't had documentation, it would have cost me a lot of money.
Thomas Jefferson
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:59 PM   #28
fieroX
Diehard Racer
Jet A

fieroX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin View Post
About everything you said that cannot happen to bitcoin, I've read complete opposite.

Call me old fashioned I guess, I completely disagree with even the idea of bitcoin.

But, this thread had absolutely nothing to do with what's its turned into so this will be the last I say anything off original topic.

How do you feel about bitcoin now? Lol
fieroX is offline   Reply With Quote