WichitaRacing.com Forums  

Go Back   WichitaRacing.com Forums > General Discussion > Pit Stop

Old 05-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Screamin is on a distinguished road
Paypal is the sh!t

I've been using Paypal for less than a year and haven't had any issues. Last week I sent a guy some money for a car part and the next day I found out it will not work for my situation. He hadn't shipped it yet so I tried to get a hold of him several days ago. I PM'd him on the board and also email his wife, used her account to send money. After getting on the board today, I seen he's been on since I sent him the money and still no word from either him or his wife. The typical rule with this if you sent it "friends and family", which I did, then there is no protection that Paypal can do and you've lost your money.

Today I Paypal'd another guy.....misspelt his email address. I tried to email that email address I sent the money to but it was an invalid email. I tried to cancel the transaction online but the system was not working. The typical rule with Paypal is I'm supposed to wait 30 days and if my money hasn't moved then they will transfer the money back to my account.

I called Paypal and explained all this, she gave me the typical rules with both but then said "let me see what I can do." She came back and told me she manually put in a dispute, a claim, against the person who has not returned my emails and if I or Paypal have not heard back from them in 10 days, I will be automaticly refunded my money. The situation where I sent the money to the wrong email, she instantly credited the money back to my account because she couldn't get the cancelation to go through.

I just wanted to say that Paypal is the sh!t and I was NOT expecting that type of service from them.

***EDIT***
I forgot to mention the seller did NOT put all info in his FS thread. I found in another section of the forum that he positively knew what this item would fit and wouldn't. He made his FS thread general and somewhat misleading because of this. That is the other reason why I took the actions that I did.

Last edited by Screamin; 05-25-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Screamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
shinoda
Snow=Traction
117 octane

shinoda is on a distinguished road
Don't get used to it.
shinoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Fl1pSde 101
Fl1pSde 101
108 octane

Fl1pSde 101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed.it was good for me the first time,few months later they are trying to charge me for some dumb fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_nic View Post
still want to know what motor is in it. but from looking at the shifter its has a b series swap or just a short throw shifter. just my opinion
Fl1pSde 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Both of you, please explain.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #5
94civicgsr
108 octane

94civicgsr is on a distinguished road
PayPal protect buyers not sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reved Up View Post
You suck at this game.... I'm saying it will be done, but Jason will still smoke your ass.
94civicgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
Last Person
Super Moderator
I need a life.

Last Person is on a distinguished road
Wait...
you bought something, then realized you bought the wrong thing, which is 100% your fault, but you still had paypal go ahead and put in a dispute against the seller? And they actually went ahead and did it for you?
Thats fawked up.
Winnar.
Last Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
Topless
Diehard Racer
I need a life.

Topless is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94civicgsr View Post
PayPal protect buyers not sellers
That's no different than any credit card. I use PayPal a lot, even signed up for their credit card processing. I use a debit card from them, so when I sell stuff, I can either use an ATM to get cash or swipe the card like any debit card.
Thomas Jefferson
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Person View Post
Wait...
you bought something, then realized you bought the wrong thing, which is 100% your fault, but you still had paypal go ahead and put in a dispute against the seller? And they actually went ahead and did it for you?
Thats fawked up.
How is it fvcked up? I made a mistake, tried to contact the seller to work something out, then several days after not hearing from him NOR him shipping the product I try to see if there is something I can do to get my money back. I see nothing wrong with that.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
Fl1pSde 101
Fl1pSde 101
108 octane

Fl1pSde 101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin View Post
Both of you, please explain.
I've used PayPal for a few years, and the first year I had it didn't have a single issue,and and all of a sudden I bought a part worth 336 using my bank of smerica debit card,and PayPal tried to tell me that I owed them that using their credit card when I never even signed up.it was an ongoing back and forth for 3 months so I ended up contacting transunion bec PayPal reported it. I had proof that I paid it with my debit card and that I never signed up for a PayPal credit card. Since then I didn't really have any issues,then again I don't really buy much using PayPal nowadays.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_nic View Post
still want to know what motor is in it. but from looking at the shifter its has a b series swap or just a short throw shifter. just my opinion
Fl1pSde 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Damn, that really sucks. Thanks for letting me know what happened.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
MR.CLIFFORD
I scream without a sound!
Methanol

MR.CLIFFORD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Person View Post
Wait...
Thats fawked up.
x2

MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #12
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
x2
Like I said, and I'll say it again...

"How is it fvcked up? I made a mistake, tried to contact the seller to work something out, then several days after not hearing from him NOR him shipping the product I try to see if there is something I can do to get my money back. I see nothing wrong with that."

I know if I was the seller and someone had messed up, wanted their money back, I would do it or had at least worked something out. I would not ignore the buyer, even if I had shipped it. The reason why I know he hasn't shipped it is because the seller is away from home right now, but still continues to get onto the forum he sold the item to me everyday, and he said he'd ship it on the 27th of this month when he gets home. He knows there is an issue and isn't contacting me to even try and resolve the issue. Because of that alone, is why I contacted Paypal and they decided to try and file the dispute. For some reason they decided not to follow the typical dispute terms and work with me. If they told me I was screwed, I would have sucked it up and lived with it.

***EDIT***
I forgot to mention the seller did NOT put all info in his FS thread. I found in another section of the forum that he positively knew what this item would fit and wouldn't. He made his FS thread general and somewhat misleading because of this. That is the other reason why I took the actions that I did.

Last edited by Screamin; 05-25-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Screamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
Floner
Jet A

Floner is on a distinguished road
Bitcoin > Paypal

My Give-A-Fuk is Broke!
Floner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
Screamin
Diehard Racer
Dilithium crystal